Set it now, watch it later.
A Digital Video Recorder, or DVR, is a simple way to watch your favorite shows when it is convenient for you. Every NCC Video subscription includes 5 hours of FREE DVR storage across all profiles.
There are no limits to the number of channels that can be recorded simultaneously. The only constraint is the number of hours allowed with your subscription tier. DVR storage is shared across all profiles. Once a show is recorded, most are accessible by everyone on the account at home or on the go.
Access most recorded shows on the go on nearly any internet-connected device. NCC Video allows the user to record any TV program and watch it when convenient. It also allows the user to schedule recordings, play back shows, delete, and manage recordings all from NCC Video devices at home or on the go through the NCC Video app. The DVR allows for all the regular options like end a recording late, record only new episodes, or choose channel preferences.
Real Time storage capacity for the account is shown at the top right of the Manage Recordings Screen. If you need more than 5 hours, additional DVR storage options up to 300 hours are available. Call Customer Service at 701-568-3331 for more information.
To Schedule Recordings
- From a live program: - Press the Select or Ok button, or swipe depending on your remote. This will bring up a screen overlay with several options. Navi- gate to the Rec option and press Select again on the remote.
- From the Guide or when browsing - Select the program to record while browsing anywhere within the Guide, Replay TV, Search, or while browsing Shows & Movies. This will bring up the detailed information about that pro- gram including some options below. You should see a Record option. Select that button to start the recording.
The next step provides a choice to "Record this episode only," or "Record all episodes." The latter option may also provide a list of channels that the program will air.
To record only NEW episodes of a given program, set a program to record using the previous steps. A pop-up will then appear asking if you'd like to "Record this episode only" or "Record all episodes." Choose the option you want and you will see a confirmation appear at the bottom of the screen.
To Manage Recordings
Access the DVR from the Main Menu by selecting the Settings Icon (head in circle icon) to view, edit and delete your recorded shows and movies. Recorded series will appear in the top row, and recorded movies will appear below.
To Extend a Recording
After a program has been scheduled to record, navigate to it in the Scheduled section of the DVR. To the right of the program will be three boxes, the third labeled "Extend." Select that option and choose to extend the recording by 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes.
All programs that are recorded and ready to watch on your device will be displayed in this section from most recent to oldest. To play a show, go to a title and select "View Recordings" to see all the recordings of that particular program. Select a recording and then select "Play."
Series Recordings as well as any Individually Scheduled Recordings you have set can be found here. Press Select on any series to bring up a list of options:
- View Recordings - This is another way to get to the recorded shows for this series. From here you can play the show, view detailed info for each show, and delete. On this screen, you will see an option to "Delete All Recordings" on the top right.
- View Scheduled - These are future episodes that are set to record. View detailed info for each show, extend a particular recording time, and cancel the series recording.
- Recording Options - This allows you to add/remove the channel listings from this series that will be recorded as well as add extra time to the end of the recording.
- Series Info - This will bring up more detailed information for the series and an overview with some additional browsing options for this series.
DVR Storage Full
Keep an eye on your storage capacity in the upper-right corner of the DVR. If you set a new recording that will put you over your storage limit, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the new recording. If you confirm it, the oldest program in your DVR will be deleted to make room for the new recording.
If you record a lot of content, you can upgrade your DVR storage capacity by calling Customer Service at 701-568-3331.
DVR Usage and Replay TV
All recorded content with NCC Video is stored in an offsite server and not on your device. There is a limit to the number of hours available for your DVR storage but Restart and Replay TV don't count. Restart and Replay TV are entirely new concepts, and something to consider before scheduling DVR programs.